Gateway Investor Relations, a 20-year-old leading strategic financial communications and capital markets advisory firm, in partnership with SPACInsider, a leading web-based resource providing real-time data and analysis covering the SPAC asset class, will host the initial installment of its SPAC webinar series on Wednesday, June 17th at 2:00 p.m. ET.
The webinar will bring together experienced leaders in the SPAC asset class to discuss the current IPO market with the majority of the allotted time devoted to live Q&A.
Topics of the panel will center around IPO issuance with an emphasis on the recent explosive growth in the SPAC product, including:
• Is the IPO shareholder base changing? Who is investing in SPACs today and what is their motivation?
• Innovations in IPO structure and will the ¼ warrant make a comeback?
• Do forward purchase agreements or other forms of committed capital matter?
• What makes for a strong SPAC sponsor – repeat issuers versus first-time sponsors?
• Are targeted sectors considered more attractive to SPAC investors versus generalist SPACs?
Panelists will include two experienced investment bankers, a legal professional and a leading asset manager that is active in SPAC investments. Confirmed panelists include:
• Carlos Alvarez, Head of Specialty Finance & Permanent Capital, UBS
• Christopher Weekes, Managing Director, Cowen and Company
• Richard Bilotti, Partner & Portfolio Manager for Global Special Situations, P. Schoenfeld Asset Management LP
• Christian Nagler, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
• Kristi Marvin, Founder, SPACInsider
• Cody Slach, Senior Managing Director & Head of SPAC Practice, Gateway IR